You can connect an existing email accounts to Infusionsoft so you can send and receive their email through Infusionsoft. Email accounts are linked to individual users. You can add multiple mail accounts for each Infusionsoft user. Repeat the process below to add additional email accounts.
- Click on Edit My Profile in the user toolbar (or go to Admin > Users and click on a user's name to link an email account for another user.)
- Scroll to the bottom row of tabs in the user record and click on the Mail Accounts tab.
- Click on the Add New Pop Account button
- Name: Enter the account name; users will see this name when they download email messages (e.g., Bob Smith's Gmail Account.)
- Users: Select the users who will need to download messages from this account through Infusionsoft. Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard to select more than one.
- Username: Enter the username for your email account. This is usually an email address.
- Host: Enter the host name for your POP mail server. You can get this from your email service provider (i.e. GoDaddy, Gmail, etc...) or by searching Google. The format usually looks something like this: pop.domain.com or pop3.domain.com (i.e., pop.secureserver.net.)
- Port: You only need to change this if the default setting (110) does not work. Check with your email service provider or search Google for the correct port for your email service provider.
- Use SSL: Select Yes if you are setting up a Gmail or Microsoft Exchange email account.
- How Long to Leave Messages on Server: The Infusionsoft email client downloads copies of the email messages stored on your email server. When you view the messages through Infusionsoft, you are viewing the copies, but the original messages still take up space on your email server. If your email server has storage space limitations, you will encounter problems receiving email when that space gets full. Deleting a message from the Infusionsoft email client does not remove the message from the server automatically.
- No Delete: This is the default setting. Choose No Delete if you never want Infusionsoft to remove the original messages from your email server. If you choose this option, make sure you are removing the original messages through another email client or by logging directly into your email server.
- Delete in X Days: If Infusionsoft is your primary or only method of checking email, you need to select a specific number of days to keep the original emails on the server after you've downloaded a copy into Infusionsoft. Once the original message is deleted from the server, it is no longer accessible through any other email client. If your Users share this email account, make sure you leave messages on the server long enough for everyone to download them.
- Click Save
- To Test your POP email account, click on Home and select Inbox
- Click on Get Mail
Pro Tip! If you receive an error message, review step 3 more closely. You may need to enabled SSL and change your port number to 995.