Legacy Alert! This feature should only be used if a 3rd party developer asked for the encryption key. The encryption key is only needed for the Legacy authentication method. If you are unsure if you should use this or not please talk with the 3rd party developer to find out. If you are attempting to set up a new integration please visit https://developer.infusionsoft.com/get-started/
- To enable the API key, go to Admin > Settings and click on Application in the settings menu
- Scroll down to the API section and enter a passphrase in the text box. The API Passphrase is simply a password, or series of words that will be used to generate your unique API key. Be sure to remember your passphrase if you ever need to generate your API key again.
- After you enter a Passphrase, click on the Save button to generate the API key
- Your API Key is now available under the text box where you entered the pass phrase
- Copy and paste your API Key into the required field in your 3rd party application