You are able to use Google Webmaster Tools to monitor search, click-through, and incoming link activity for your Infusionsoft Shopping Cart. When you set up Google Webmaster Tools, you will need to verify site ownership. Google will provide you with a meta-tag that you must paste into Infusionsoft prior to completing the verification process.
Read more about Google Site Verification.
- To verify site ownership, go to E-Commerce > E-Commerce Setup
- Go to the Promotions section and click on SEO Tools.
- Go to the Google Webmaster Tools Verification section.
- Click on Take me there to log into your Google Webmaster account and get the Google Meta Tag.
- In the Google Webmaster Tools site, click on Add a Site.
- Enter the URL of your shopping cart storefront. Just change the part highlighted in yellow to your Infusionsoft account name: https://qg106.infusionstest.com/app/storeFront/showStoreFront/
- Click on the Alternate Methods tab and select HTML tag.
- Keep the Google Webmaster Tools site open, but go back to Infusionsoft and paste the Meta Tag code into the Google Provided Meta Tag field.
- Save the change.
- Go back to the Google Webmaster Tools site and click on Verify to complete the process.
- To publish a storefront/shopping cart sitemap. (Optional) If you are using the Infusionsoft Storefront, you can publish a site map to Google, Yahoo, and Bing. The sitemap includes both storefront and shopping cart links. If you are not using the Infusionsoft storefront, you should skip this step since you do not want to drive search traffic to those pages. Go to the Sitemap section and click on the link provided to publish the sitemap.