A contact that is entered into a campaign can go through different statuses while moving through Sequences or triggering Goals. These statuses are "Active," "Queued" and "Done."
You can see these statuses after entering the campaign and clicking the "Reporting" tab near the top right corner of the builder window.
How to Find Contacts in these Statuses
- Navigate to Marketing > Campaign Builder
- Open a published Campaign
- Click the Reporting tab, near the top right corner of the builder
- Hover over a sequence with queued contacts and click the person icon that appears in the top right of the sequence.
- By default, this will pull up any Active contacts in the sequence. To change this, you will need to click the "Edit Criteria/Columns" button, and a new window will appear. In that window, you will see a "status" field that has the three statuses that you can select from. Choose the status and Click OK.
These contacts are indicated as blue. Active contacts in a campaign are currently waiting on a timer, or an action (email, task, apply/remove tag etc) to process.
Pro-tip! In most cases, the only time you will see contacts as active, is when they are waiting on a timer in a sequence.
These contacts are indicated as orange. Queued means that the contact has completed the actions in the sequence. They will remain "queued" until they achieve a goal in the campaign, or are manually pulled out of the sequence. Also, they can still receive new content if you were to add it to the end of the sequence, unless they have been in the queued status for 7 days or longer, so make sure to plan accordingly.
Contacts will show as queued after completing a sequence, so if you entered contacts into a campaign and they are showing as queued, this does not necessarily indicate that the email was not sent.
You can navigate to a contact in the campaign and click the "Campaigns" tab to view if there were any errors in processing the action.
Contacts in the Done status are not indicated in the performance tab of the campaign. These contacts have completely finished a sequence. They cannot receive additional content unless they are re-triggered into the campaign, either manually or by achieving a start goal.