A round robin is a set of distribution rules based on numeric logic. You can use a round robin to automatically assign users as owners of specific contact records, and to distribute new opportunities to your sales team. The round robin rules are most commonly used when setting up your Sales Funnel campaign in Infusionsoft; as new opportunities are created in your funnel, they are distributed evenly among your sales team.
You can add multiple round robin rules and use them to vary the way you assign "owners" and distribute opportunities based on the lead type, lead source , product interest, and more.
- Go to CRM > Settings in the main navigation menu.
- Click on Round Robins in the settings menu.
- Click the Add Round Robin button.
- Enter a descriptive name for the round robin (e.g. Sales Team A) and choose a numerical distribution logic.
- One Record Per Round: Choose this option to assign each user one record at a time until they receive the full amount specified. This option distributes in a way that is more sequential and predictable.
- Distribute Records Based on Ratio: Choose this option to assign records based pre-defined ratios. The user who is farthest from their maximum number of records receives the next one. This option distributes in a way that is more efficient, but it is not sequential or as predictable.
- (Optional) Select a user group from the drop-down.
This list includes the pre-defined system user groups and the custom user teams you've created. This filters the list of users so that only the users assigned to the specified group or team are included in the round robin.
- Define the maximum number of records each user will receive during each round robin distribution cycle and click on the Save button.
Example Distribution Logic:
One Record Per Round
If you select One Record Per Round as the round robin distribution logic, the system will distribute records to Sales Team A as follows:
1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Jacob / 1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Jacob / 1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy
Distribute Records Based on Ratio
If you select Distribute Records Based on Ratio as the round robin distribution logic, the system will distribute records to Sales Team A as follows:
1 to Amy/ 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy / 1 to Amy / 1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Jacob / 1 to Aaron / 1 to Amy / 1 to Jacob
This distribution logic starts with the user who is farthest from their defined ratio. For example, if Amy only has 2 of 7 records, she is further from the defined ratio than either Aaron (0 of 3) or Jacob (0 of 2.)
Once each user receives the full number of records specified, the Round Robin distribution cycle starts over from the beginning.