The Infusionsoft E-Commerce module includes a secure portal your customers can use to update their credit card information online. The credit card update merge fields are available when you create billing related email templates through E-Commerce > Settings > Order Settings > Billing Automation. The credit card merge fields only work if the email is initiated from an order trigger.
- Go to E-Commerce > Settings
- Click on Billing Automation in the settings menu.
- Select an Order Trigger type from the drop-down and then click on Add Trigger to set the Trigger criteria.
- Select the Send an Email Action from the drop-down and click on Add to create a new email.
- Click on Merge to add the credit card merge fields to a Plain Text, Drag & Drop, or Classic email. Make sure you include the credit card update link in the email.
- Finish and Save the email, then Save the action and Save the trigger.
Don't Forget the Actions! You need to assign actions to alert you when a customer submits a credit card update. The system does not automatically switch billing to the new card. You must manually change the credit card for orders and subscriptions. However, the update process can be automated with the help of a third-party service, like CustomerHub.
- Go to the Credit Card section in E-commerce>Settings>Orders to customize the page appearance and assign Actions that fire off when someone clicks on the update link in an email or fills out the form.