When you create a saved search, you save a set of criteria that determine which contacts show up in search results. The contacts listed in the results will change automatically as the people in your database respond to your marketing messages, make purchases, move through your sales pipeline, etc... Saved searches are dynamic lists and reports that can be referenced quickly. You can also print and export the lists (if your permissions allow) or manually apply actions to them.
The following example is based on a contact search, but you are able to create a saved search from any record-type (Contacts, Companies, Referral Partners, Opportunities, Orders) in Infusionsoft.
- Go to CRM > Contacts
- Click the Start Over button to clear any previous search results
- Navigate the tabs to find the search criteria you are looking for
- Click the Search button
- (Optional) If you need to further refine your search, click the Edit Criteria/Columns... button
- (Optional) Click on Save button to name and save the dynamic list on your dashboard for quick access in the future
The contacts in the list will update automatically. Remember, you are saving the criteria, not a specific list of people.
- Name your saved search, choose who can have access to it, and (optionally) add it to your dashboard
- Name: Enter a short, descriptive name for the search. This name will display in custom drop-down menus and on the Dashboard
- Share with Users: Click on the name(s) of users who need to see this search. Select Everyone to share the search with all users. Note: Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard to select more than one user from the list.
- Mark the checkbox if you want to add a saved search widget to your home page Dashboard. The saved search widget will display the first 20 people in the list and a link to view the entire list of people.
- Click the Save button
- Once you save a search, click the Options button to modify it, add it to your user home, share it, or create an automated email report
- The saved search is now available as an item in the saved search drop-down and can also be accessed on your Dashboard