Field Timers allow you to schedule a marketing piece based on a date or date/time field in the contact record. There are two default date fields in every contact record: Anniversary Date and Birthday Date. You can also create your own custom date or date/time field.
- Drag the Field Timer snippet onto the canvas
- Double-click it to configure it.
- In the Wait Until section, select the day(s), week(s), month(s) to delay before or after the custom date.
- In the Contact Field section, select the date field. By default, Birthday and Anniversary will always show in the drop down. Any new custom date or date/time fields will show here too.
NOTE: Selecting 'Next Occurrence will look at the Mont/Date to schedule the event. Selecting Use Year from Field will look at the Month/Date & Year to decide when to schedule the event.
- Choose what time of day you would like to send this marketing piece and click Save. If you are using a date/time field, this will say "The time specified in the contact field." It will send based on the time set in the contacts custom field.
- You are now ready to publish your changes.