Prepare Products for import into QuickBooks
- Go to E-Commerce > Products and click on a product's name to edit it.
- Go to the QuickBooks Information tab to enter:
- QuickBooks Product Name: The QuickBooks Product Name must exactly match the name or number you've assigned to the product in QuickBooks. It does not need to match the name of the product in Infusionsoft. The QuickBooks Name must have fewer than 31 characters.
- QuickBooks Account Name: The QuickBooks Account Name must exactly match the Account Name on your QuickBooks Profit & Loss report. Separate the Account and sub-account with a colon, no space (e.g. Initial Licenses:Infusionsoft - Initial Licenses is the Account, Infusionsoft is the sub-account). In some cases, you may have more than one sub-account (e.g. Services:Training:Classes - Training and Classes are both sub-accounts). Note: Sub-accounts are optional in QuickBooks. Your business may not use them.
- Save the product
- Repeat this process for the remainder of your products.
Map Infusionsoft to QuickBooks: Accounts & Non-standard Product Types
Be Careful! You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you enter into these fields based on a good understanding of your QuickBooks program. The Infusionsoft service and support teams cannot instruct or advise you in this area.
- Go to E-Commerce > Settings and click on QuickBooks in the settings menu.
- Enter QuickBooks Account Names into Infusionsoft. These names must exactly match the account and sub-account names on your QuickBooks Profit & Loss Report. Separate the Account and sub-account names with a colon, no space (e.g., Initial Licenses:Infusionsoft.)
- Invoice Debit Account: Enter the name of the QuickBooks Account (and applicable sub-account(s)) that updates when a debit account is invoiced (e.g. Accounts Receivable). This account may differ based on your accounting method.
- Payment Debit Account: Enter the name of the QuickBooks Account (and applicable sub-account(s)) that updates when a payment is made to a debit account (e.g. Undeposited Funds or a Bank Name.)
- Payment Credit Account, Credit Credit Account, and Refund Credit Account: Enter the names of the QuickBooks Accounts that update when there is a credit to Accounts Receivable. These fields determine what updates in QuickBooks when someone pays you (Payments Credit), you issue a credit to a customer (Credit Credit), or you issue a refund (Refund Credit.)
- Credit Debit Account, Refund Debit Account: Enter the names of the QuickBooks Debit Accounts that update when there is a credit or refund to Accounts Receivable.
- Map the additional Infusionsoft Product Types (for Manual Orders) to QuickBooks. The default type is "Product." This type maps to QuickBooks according to the information you entered into individual Product and Subscription records. When your team enters a manual order, they can choose from the following additional types: Unknown Type, Program, Shipping, Tax, Service & Misc. Upsell Product, Finance Charge, and Special.
- Use the remainder of the fields on this screen to map the additional product types. Each additional product section (e.g. Tax) has the following fields:
- Item Name Default: This will be assigned to all items that do not have a product item name in the actual line item of the order. (e.g. Shipping.)
- Pass Item Description as the Name: Set to Yes if you want to override the Product Name and pass the item description to QuickBooks instead of the item name.
- Item Account Default: This field maps the item type (e.g. Shipping) to a QuickBooks Account. The account names must exactly match the account and sub-account names on your QuickBooks Profit & Loss Report. Separate the Account and sub-account names with a colon, no space.
Train Your Manual Order Entry Team
Important! Your order entry team must properly classify the line items (e.g. product, program, shipping, tax, etc) during manual order entry so that QuickBooks maps them to the correct QuickBooks Account during IIF file import. If you do not properly classify products in orders, then they will be mapped to a generic QuickBooks account.